By now all my friends/family etc. have heard that I am on the May-August CreativeCrew Design Team Mega Round Challenge! Woohoo!!! The May gallery at www.splitcoaststampers.com is now open for everyone to view our creations, leave comments, and join in the fun. That's right, even if you haven't done challenges in the past, come and try one of the chalenges or all. Here in Maine some of us would say it is wicked good fun!!
The challenge criteria for my card below is:
CCREW0514DF- DSP/Color Focus: daffodil delight, island indigo, gumball green, smoky slate and use a technique of your choosing that imitates Stampin' Up!'s Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Papers. And, last but not least, we were also asked to stretch creatively through different folds and sizes.
My circle thinlits card just barely meets this criteria – when folded completely smaller than A-2 and by adding the extension ( I guess I stretched my imagination that it is not an A-2 card (really?). Check out the pictures below.
Watercolor Background is done on 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" sheet of Shimmery White card stock:
1. Stamp off technique for Daffodil Delight and Smokey Slate flowers.
2. Stamp the Gumball Green stems randomly over flowers.
3. Ink flower stamp with Island Indigo and mist lightly and stamp on background to match stem. Clean stamp and repeat for all flower stems.
4. Cut/punch background as follows: 1 5/8" x 5", 2 1/8" x 5", 1 1/4" Scallop Circle and 2 3/8: Scallop Circle.
1. Cut card stock slightly smaller than the inside width of the thinlit so approximately 5 7/16" x 8 1/2"
2. Insert card stock over the top of the right side card edge and slide under the rest of the thinlit until it touches the inside left edge, then run through the Big Shot.
3. The extesion piece will not have a score line made by the right edge of the thinlit, fold this to inside follow instructions with framelits to complete card fold.
If you want the recipe for this card it is posted with my card in the challenge gallery.
Want to see more? Hop on over to the Splitcoaststampers gallery to see all the projects posted by the 25 Creative Crew Alumni that returned for this mega round, each and everyone so unique and different!!
I will post more of my challenges here within the next week or so.
And don't forget to like it, PIN it!!