An Impossible Card is actually quite easy to make. I used Stampin’ Up!’s Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper for all my August Stamp-A-Stack Cards.
Stamps: Mistletoe Season
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy, Old Olive
Paper (with cutting sizes):
Night of Navy 5 ½” x 4 ¼”
Whisper White 3 ¼” x 1 7/8”, 2 ½” x 1 ¾”
Real Red 3 3/8” x 2”, 2 ¾” x 2”
Under the Mistletoe DSP (2a) 3 ¼” x4”
Stitched Labels, Stitched Shapes, Layering Ovals Thinlits
Paper Trimmer with Scoring Blade
1. Score and cut Night of Navy CS per template. Fold center piece and one side piece down to create card base.
2. Use template to cut DSP into 2 pieces. Watch for correct pattern & direction!! Glue to card. (I created a template to cut the Designer Series Paper which is cut from the rectangle. The DSP is the correct size, so when you make a template 1/4″ smaller than 1/2 of the card base and cut it, you will end up with 2 pieces to glue to the base).
3. Use long stitched die to emboss both long sides of one Night of Navy strip. Cut of end of strip not embossed. Cut strip at 2 inches. Attach to uncut Night of Navy strip matching ends.
4. Glue across bottom of card. See sample.
5. Stamp saying in Night of Navy and die cut with stitched oval.
6. Die cut scalloped oval and glue behind stitched oval. Glue to Night of Navy strip.
7. Stamp Whisper White rectangle Mistletoe in Old Olive, saying in Night of Navy, and berries in Real Red.
8. Sponge edges in Night of Navy. Glue to Real Red CS, then glue to card base.
9. Fold flat to mail.
Hope this helps in making your Impossible card!