Last week I attended the FEZtival of Treez in Lewiston. It was the first time I attended and I can tell you I will be going every year! There were around 60 trees all decorated and with presents. You could buy raffle tickets for the trees and at the end of the Feztival they will draw names and the winner of each tree also recieves all the presents in that tree display. Below are a coupe of pictures of the trees:
Here are a couple of pictures of the card I made with Stampin' Up!'s Festival of Trees stamp for one of my presentations at Maine Demos Stampers Day back in September:
1. Score White card stock and Garden Green card stock at 4 ¼”.
2. On one short end of GG card stock, make a mark at 2 ¾” On same end as center mark, place marks on top and bottom of long side at 1 ½” from the fold.
3. Use square collection framelits to die cut a square about 3/8” from diamond point. (see picture)
4. Use same framlit to die cut Cherry Cobbler card stock.
5. Use Luck Stars embossing folder to emboss the die cut end of the GG piece. This will be the top layer on card front.
6. Fold the Whisper White card base and glue the GG cardstock to back of white card base so that the die cut end will fold over white card front.
7. Glue small white square to center of Cherry Cobbler piece. Fold GG flap over white card front and glue CC piece using the window in the GG piece to guide the placement of the CC piece.
8. Stamp tree in GG ink on Pistachio Pudding Card stock. Then punch with Tree Punch. Adhere to White piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
9. Tie a small piece of Real Red ribbon in a knot, trim ends and adhere to tree trunk with Mini Glue Dot.
10. Stamp the greeting in GG ink at a diagonal.
11. Stamp bird in Cherry Cobbler ink above greeting. Attach 3 star sequins with mini glue dots. Add a Rhinestone to the center of each sequin.
12. Add star sequin to top of tree with Mini Glue Dot. Adhere Rhinestone to center of sequin.
13. On inside stamp saying in CC ink. Stamp tree in GG in lower right corner and stamp the ornaments on top with CC ink. (See picture)
Recipe: for Festival of Trees Fancy Fold Card
Item Item# Price Page Dimensions
Stamps: Festival of Trees 137636 $27.75 H 24
Cardstock: Whisper White 100730 $8.50 183 8 ½” x 5 ½”, 2 1/8” x 2 1/8”
Garden Green 102584 $6.95 182 8 ½” x 5 ½”
Cherry Cobbler 119685 $6.95 182 2 3/8” x 2 3/8”
Pistachio Pudding 131294 $6.95 179 2” x 3”
Garden Green 126973 $5.95 182
Cherry Cobbler 126966 $5.95 182
Accessories Real Red 3/8” Ribbon 135840 $6.95 H 15
In Color Sequins 133631 $4.95 208
Basic Rhinestones 119246 $4.95 209
Lucky Stars Folder 135817 $7.95 30
Squares Framelits 130921 $26.95 231