All Hallows Even or Halloween as we know it, is just around the corner. I remember as a kid growing up, looking forward to Halloween. It was a fun time of year and everyone could participate. No one knew who you were (supposedly) and it was one of the few times of the year we got to eat candy! I remember using a pillowcase for a trick or treat bag and coming back home with it almost filled. It was heavy – filled with all kinds of loose candy in little bags about the size of Stampin' Up! Polka Dot gift bags (well maybe a little smaller), or if you were lucky those hugh candy bars!! You know what I mean, Hersey bars, Milky Way, big Tootsie Rolls, Sky Bars, etc. You could knock on doors of neighbors, most of whom were stangers and get a treat, always with a smile. How times have changed! Now days children only go to homes of people they know and treats are smaller. I do understand that candy is no longer the treat it was, given only on special occasions. Now you can even buy it in schools everyday. But I digress.
Today's post is a fun Halloween card using the Holiday Home stamp set. This card is part of my Fall Card Buffet this week. Hope you like it.
Holiday Home Halloween Card —
1. Sponge Watercolor Paper with Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist, and Night of Navy. Spray with alcohol lightly to blend colors.
2. Stamp house, trees, bats on background with Memento Black ink.
3. Stamp stars in Silver Encore ink and layer piece to Night of Navy square.
4. Stamp Happy Halloween and ghosts on Tangelo Twist card with Memento Black ink.
5. Glue Night of Navy focal piece to card.