Weekly Deals for the week of December 31,2013 to January 6, 2014!
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year.
Below are this week's Weekly Deals:
Remember these deals only valid from December 24, 2013 to December 30, 2013!
Welcome to another Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop!
If you enjoyed our last Wacky Watercooler Crew blog hop in September, you will love the 2013 Year-End Blog Hop! If this is your first time visiting us, you're in for a treat. As you can tell from the banner, we're celebrating the upcoming Holidays. There will be projects using products from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog(ue), the carry-over list from last year's Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog(ue) and specials being offered by Stampin' Up! Our wacky crew of demonstrators for this hop are from the United States and Canada so you'll see a few different spellings as you travel through the hop. Of course since all virtual watercoolers and water itself flows in a neverending stream, we've arranged the hop so you can go forwards, backwards or in any order you wish.
Should you get lost along the way click on the HOME button to return to the home page and find your next stop from the list and continue at that point. To go forward or back just click on the NEXT or PREVIOUS buttons. We also hope you'll take a minute to tell us what you think and leave a comment. If you would like to place an order, contact your demonstrator. If you do not have a demonstrator then…any one of the Hoppers would be happy to be of service. Or you can check out the demonstrator locator at www.stampinup.com to find one in your local area.
My projects for the year end blog hop all feature items from Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini Catalog. My first project uses the Magnificient Maple and the Pretty Print Embossing Folder. You could use this card for a birthday, get well, sympathy or Thanksgiving card.
1. Stamp 3 Maple Leaves on card front (see sample).
2. Emboss card front with Pretty Pint Embossing Folder.
3. Glue Natural Compositions Designer Series Paper strip to top of card (see sample).
4. Cut a banner end on right end of Designer Series Paper.
5. Stamp greeting on Very Vanilla ½” strip. Trim and glue to banner piece.
6. Glue banner piece to left side of Naturals Compositions strip. Add candy dots.
Stamps: Magnificient Maple #131868 (wood), Sweet Essentials #126457 (clear)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Natural Compositions Specialty #126917, Sweater Weather #132184
Ink: Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Always Artichoke
Accs: Regals Candy dots #130932. Pretty Print Embossing Folder #132175, Big Shot #113439
Next project features Stampin' Up!'s Festive Flurry stamp set. My card was inspired by my very first handmade Christmas card I made at a stamp class in December, 2004, seven months before I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. It was a party I was invited to and although I said I would attend, I told the demonstrator that I did not have time to make hand stamped cards! LOL Nine years later I am still stamping and having fun with friends! I had used a stamp set called Snowflakes (retired) and three colors Going Gray, Bordering Blue and Night of Navy. The greeting was stamped on the Whisper White card. That was it – one stamp set, 3 ink colors and white card stock. Below is my updated card.
My updated card still has three ink colors, a snowflake stamp set and more: cardstock layers, punches, sponging and rinestones. This may be an oldie, however, the updated version is a goodie. Pick one of your old favorites and give it a facelift.
1. Stamp 3 small snowflakes in Smokey Slate on Whisper White piece.
2. Stamp 3 medium snowflakes in Marina Mist.
3. Stamp 1 large snowflake in Midnight Muse near center and at edges where needed.
4. Glue to Midnight Muse card stock and then to card front.
5. Stamp saying on white scrap and punch out with large oval punch.
6. Glue saying to Midnight Muse punched with Scallop Oval punch.
7. Add 5 Basic Jewels Rinestones to snowflakes.
Stamps: Festive Flurry #131781 (clear), Petite Pairs #122497
Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Ink: Smoky Slate, Marina Mist, Midnight Muse
Accs: Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Sponges, Basic Jewels Rinestones
My last project is a gift card holder using a folded Tag a Bag Gift Bag for the holder. I wanted to create a gift card holder with a masculine feel. Can you invisiona L.L. Bean, Cabelas, Starbucks or Dick's Sporting Goods gift card in this holder? At least that was my thinking when I designed it. I love how it turned out and I hope you do, too!
I bet you thought that Stampin' Up!'s Envelope Liners framelits would only be used to line envelopes. Wrong! It can be used to make gift tags and more.
Holder – fold bag up 4 1/4" from the bottom on back side of bag. Turn over to see the two pockets. Use snail to close sides. Add Washi Tape to finish side seams.
Pull out tag – Die cut the smallest envelope liner twice, once on cardstock and the other on designer paper. I hand trimmed the inner layer.
Tag holder front – Layer 2" paper tape( from Stampin' Up!'s Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit), then 1 1/4" strip of Crumb Cake cardstock embossed with Chevron Embossing Folder and last birch paper (Thankful Tablescape) cut with banner ends.
Focal image – Stamp saying on Whisper White scrap and hand cut close to the stamped words. Layer onto Cherry Cobbler die cut with the Chalk Talk framelits. attach to gift holder with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Stamps: Christmas Tagables Photopooymer Stamp #134623
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Caake, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accs: Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit #133463; Season of Style Designer Washi Tape #132155; Chalk Talk Framelits #129983; Envelope Liners framelits #132172; 1/2" Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding #120992; Tag a Bag gift Bags #131370; Chevron Embossing Folder #127749; Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine #113439
To continue on with the blog hop, click on the next button if you came from Terri Antoniw's blog OR on the previous button if you came from Bev Quinn's blog. Enjoy your trip around our blog hop circle!
If you like my projects don't forget to share/pin them to your favorite site.
2013 Stampin' Up! Convention Swaps
Well, I am finally at Stampin' Up!'s 2013 Convention and my first Convention swap is tonight at the Little America Hotel. I used the stamp set Timeless Talk for this swap. As you probably recall, I had to cancel my convention trip last year when I badly twisted my ankle causing a spiral break of fibula– not fun!! I am sooo happy to be here this year as it is Stampin'' Up!'s 25th Anniversary and I can't wait to see what surprises they have for us.
Below is the card I made for tonight's swap:
Stamps: Timeless Talk
Card stock: So Saffron, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Quarterfancy Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Black Stazon Classic Stamp Pad, Markers: Island Indigo and So Saffron
Accessories: Neutral Candy Dots, Big Shot, Fancy Fan Folder
Today's the last day to qualify for free Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration items. There are 19 different items to choose from and there are no limits – you will earn one Sale-a-bration item for every $50 net purchase. Place a $150 net merchandise order and you will earn 3 Sale-a-bration items, PLUS a free package of Silver Glimmer Paper, PLUS earn $25 Hostess dollars to spend on Hostess only items or on anything in Stampin' Up!'s current catalogs!! Can't beat free! Below is a card I created with my free Patterned Occasions stamp set:
- Emboss white card front with honeycomb (hexagon) folder and the Big Shot.
- Punch 15 hexagons. ( 6 Old Olive, 3 Rich Razzleberry and 6 Daffodil Delight) and glue to card front.
- Ink stamp with markers, huff 3 times and stamp on white scrap.
- Punch image with 2 3/8” Scallop Cirle punch. Use papercutter to trim off bottom.
- Punch Rich Razzleberry with 2 ½” Circle punch..
- Glue white piece to Rich Razzleberry circle. Trim bottom to match white piece.
- Adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
What are you waiting for? Click on my signature below and start browsing my online store.
That's right only 1 more days to get Stampin' Up!'s Quint-Essential stamp for free with a net $50.00 purchase during Sale-a-bration!!!
- Use Big Shot and Needlepoint Border folder to emboss edge of Bashful Blue card front.
- Glue doily to upper left corner with 2-Way glue (see sample)
- Stamp saying in lower right side of card with Pacific Point.
- Stamp flower in Pacific Point and punch with 2 3/8” Circle punch.
- Stamp flower in Marina Mist and punch with 1 ¾” punch. Then punch center with ¾” circle punch and adhere to 2 3/8” Scallop flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Glue flower to center of doily.
Want to get this stamp free? Place a qualifying order now by clicking my signature below or the Shop Online button in my right hand sidebar, both will take you directly to my online store.