In case you didn't know, I love Stampin' Up! paper, ink, and stamps. I also love their accessories and have used the Big Shot, framelits, embossing folders and punches on these cards. I am catching up on cards I have not posted yet.
First is a sympathy card using Stampin' Up!'s Love & Sympathy stamp set Filigree Frame Textured TIEF (retired):
Next is a card from my techniques class using 1/4" strips of Designer Series Paper to create the quillt background.
To recreate this background you will need 3 different designs, a light, a medium and a dark.
1. I started with the floral strip(my medium color) and glued it diagonally from top to bottom (see center strip on card).
2. Then using the same floral strip I glued a strip from the center strip to the left side ( it is the strip lowest on the left side)
3. Using same floral strip I glued it starting again at the center strip and going to the right side ( it is the floral strip on the upper right side). Now your background piece of White cardstock is divided into quarters.
4. Now take a different design strip(I used the dark strip in blue) and layer against each side of all floral strips to create V pattern.
5. Last usisng the lightest strip (my very vanilla & yellow strip) layer next to all dark strips.
6. Now just repeat using the same order for your strips until all white is covered with the strips.
Last is a card I created based on a swap I had received and loved the way it was cut and punched.
I cut 1 1/4" strip off the top front of this card. Then punched a half circle using the 1 3/4" circle punch, save the half punched circle. I then glued a piece of Very Vanilla card stock inside and then with front closed glued the punched half circle piece above the punched circle. Now finish your card using your favorite stamp set.
Remember the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration starts January 6, 2015! I am working on new projects and will have more sneak peeks later this week.