2013 Stampin' Up! Convention WOW full card swap hosted by Joan Banman Christo. My WOW swap is a monochromatic spinner card with a Faux Specturm technique for this 5pm Friday swap.
Stamps: Secret Garden, My Friend, Perfectly Penned
CS: Bermuda Bay – 3” x 3”; Coastal Cabana –
8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 1/4", & 3 ¼” x 3 ¼”; Pool Party – 4” x 5 ¼” (2 pcs.); Whisper White – 2 ¾” x 2 ¾” & scrap
Ink: Bermuda Bay & Basic Gray stamp pads; Reinkers: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party
Accs: Word window punch, Secret Garden Framelets, Large Jewels Rinestones or Pearls, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Snail
Other: 2 Pennies, White felt
Techniques: Spinner card; Faux Spectrum Pad; Monochromatic
1. Stamp My Friend solid stamp on white square using the faux spectrum technique (directions below). Layer onto Bermuda Bay square and the layer onto Coastal Cabana square. Set aside.
2. Fold Coastal Cabana Card base and Adhere one of the Pool Party rectangles. Set aside.
3. On the other Pool party rectangle, use the Word Window punch to punch a hole centered and about 1 " from the bottom of the Pool Party card stock. Set aside.
4. Stamp the Secret Garden flower on white scrap and die cut with the Secret Garden Framelets.
5. Apply a Stampin' Dimensional to the center of a penny and place under the hole in the punched Pool Party piece. Place a second penny on top of the penny in the Pool Party piece. This is your spinner.
6. Use Mini glue dot to attach Secret Garden flower to spinner.
7. Now attach spinner card piece to card base (from step 1) with 7 dimensionals.
FAUX SPECTRUM PAD
Cut a piece of white felt 3 ½” x 3 ½”. Drip reinkers onto the felt using 3-5 different colors. Now use this as your ink pad. You may change the size of felt and arrangement of colors depending on your stamp. For the card above I used Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party because I wanted a monchromatic look.
Last day of convention tomorrow. Time sure does fly when you are having fun!!