I am very pleased with how this card turned out. I had colored the bird and branch with Stampin’ Blends and was waiting for inspiration to finish my card. Then I played with Brusho® Crystal Colours and a whole new world of ideas came into play. I love the vibrant colors you can get with this medium.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words and right now I am tired of all the snow and sub zero temperatures and want to think spring . This card puts a smile on my face. I hope it does the same for you.
Old Olive Combo
Crumb Cake Combo
Basic Gray Combo
Light Daffodil Delight
Light Pumpkin Pie
Brusho® Crystal Colours:
Want more infomation on the Brusho® Crystal Colours? Check out this video:
That’s it for today.
It has been along time since I have been posting on my blog on a regular basis. My resolution for the new year if to be much more consistent.. I am in the midst of a blog refresh, let me know how you like my new logo. I still have a few more things to do, however, I am happy with the design so far.
I want you to meet my two new friends, Sierra and Quincy – they are checking out the 2018 Stampin’ Up! Occasions catalog:
While they are checking out their favorites stamps, you can check out the catalog by clicking on the picture of the catalog in my sidebar. I will be posting later today with their favorite stamp set.. Meanwhile let me know your favorite istamp is from new Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog.
I created this card for a 2017 Occasions card swap with 18 other Maine Demonstrators from all different parts of the state. Everyone chose a different stamp set, mine was the Nailed It Bundle.
Inside my card I stamped Happy Belated Birthday.
Here are the directions:
1. Emboss DSP with Hexagon Dynamic Folder.
2. Adhere DSP to card front with Multipurpse Liquid Glue.
3. Stamp screwdriver on Island Indigo CS.
4. Die cut screwdriver from Silver Foil and then die cut screwdriver handle from Island Indigo. Trim handle and glue to silver screwdriver.
5. Stamp saying in Black on Whisper White CS.
6. Attach screwdriver to White CS with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then stamp screws with Smokey Slate.
7. Glue to Island Indigo layer, then glue to card.
8. Add embellishment.
I will post the rest of the cards in future posts.
I have fallen in love with Stampin' Up!'s Windoow Shopping Bundle. It can be used for much, much more than just another box. If your signed up for my monthly newsletter, then you saw the card and instructions using one of the dies from this bundle. Below is a box I created:
1. First die cut 2 of the window box dies with Mint Macaron cardstock. Then die cut the design on the box top.
2. Using the box top as a guide, cut a piece of Island Indigo cardstock to fit inside the cover.
3. I cut out 6 squares 1 /12" x 1 1/2" each from Blooms and Bliss DSP. Then die cut each square using one of the side dies.
4. Glue DSP to the box. Note: if using a directional pattern the side attached to the bottom piece is in the right direction. For the sides attached to the top piece reverse the pattern, so when attached together all sides will be going in the same direction.
5. Stamp scrap and die cut for tag.
6. Trim side flaps off ends of box bottom ONLY.
7. Assemble box and tie on tag with Baker's Twine or gold cord. Watch video below for assembley directions.
Picture of tag.
Enjoy making your own special gift box.
This is a card I made using Stampin' Up!'s Best Birds stamp set. We have been watching the birds at our feeder and have seen the usually wrens, chickadees, finches, and blue jays. I was hoping that with warmer weather we would start to see some robins – ain't going to happen for a while!
Mother Nature has decided to give us all the snow we didn't get so far this winter in February. We received 6 snowstorms in 10 days! Over 60" of snow in some areas. So what else could I do? Produce a little magic – card, that is.
The magic begins:
Every time I see the "magic" I smile. You can find instructions for making this type og card by searching the web or YouTube for magic card instructions.
Want to attend a class to learn how? Contact me to set a date for the class.
I made a birthday card for my grandson, Mike, using Stampin' Up!'s Nailed It Bundle from the 2017 Occasions catalog.
More ideas using the Urban Underground Suite:
Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper #142783
Urban Underground Embellishments #147786
Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Folder
Nailed It Bundle Clear mount #143077, wood #143074
Stampin' Up's Urban Underground Suite is great for masculine cards and more.