Have you ordered Stampin' Up!'s Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper from the 2015 Occasions catalog yet? Well you might need to after you see the cards we made at my Painted Blooms class last Saturday. We made 8 different cards from one sheet of paper! I will be focusing my posts this week on those cards. Here are the first two cards we made:
I used Crazy About You Bundle (#138873, $42.25 photopolymer) for the sentiment and Butterfly Basics Bundle (#138865, $41.50 photopolymer) for the Butterfly.
and Card 2:
I used Sassy Salutations from Stampin' Up!'s Annual catalog for the sentiment, along with the in-Color Sequins.
I took the sheet that is pictured in the Occasions Catalog on Page 18 ( #137784, $10.95) and cut it as follows:
1. First cut 1 1/2" off the bottom of the 12" x 12" paper (this is where all the stems are). Now cut this bottom strip at 5 1/2" and at 11". You will have 2 pieces 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" and a scrap. You will use these two pieces on two of the cards I will post this week.
2. Next take your 12" x 10 1/2" piece and cut on the 12" end at 4", 8" and 12" you will have 3 strips 4" x 10 1/2".
3. Cut these 3 strips in half at 5 1/4". You will now have 6 pieces measuring 4" x 5 1/4".
4. On the 3 cards that I used a mat behind the Designed Paper, I trimmed 3 Designer Paper pieces down to 3 3/4" x 5". Do not cut it yet, wait until you see all 8 cards and I will note which pieces need to be trimmed down.
Both of the above cards used Designer paper trimmed down to 3 3/4" x 5".
More tomorrow ….
Best Dad Ever says it all on this Father's Day Card. Need a card for your granddad? Just use the "grand" stamp from Wonderful Favorites #115114 (on the last chance list) to stamp the word "grand" above the word DAD to change the greeting!
And a birthday card using the same stamp set from Stampin' Up! – The Open Sea and Best Dad Ever. I used the One Sheet Wonder technique to create my own "wallpaper" for the side pieces.
Do you need another reason to buy this set? Well, check out the census image stamp in this set! Wouldn't it look great on scrapbook pages in a heritage album, on a card for the family genealogist or for a history buff?
I have a whole new blog design! So to celebrate my new design, I am will give out a special gift to someone who posts a comment on my blog during this month! You have until May 29th to post a comment and on the May 31st, I will choose a winner! Let me know what you like about my blog or what would like me to feature on my blog in the future. Look forward to hearing from you and your ideas as how I can better serve you, my customers!
All the projects posted here were for the SUDSOL blog tour on May 17 and used new products from Stampin' Up!'s 2011 Summer Mini catalog. My first card uses the one Sheet Wonder technique.
I used The Open Sea stamp set for the One Sheet Wonder Background.
1. Sahara Sand: 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2"
2. Chocolate Chip 1 1/4" x 3 1/2"
3. Nautical Expedition 4" x 5 1/4"
4. Whisper White 1" x 3 1/4 & 5/8" x 1 7/8"
5. Cherry Cobbler 3/4" x 2"
6. One Sheet Wonder piece
Other Supplies: Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine
A summer birthday card – don't you love it? I used the colors in Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper for my palette for this card.
Stamps: Perfect Punches
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, and Daffodil Delight
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Basic Jewels Rinestones, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Itty Bitty Punches, 1/2" circle punch, Big Shot, and Flower Garden Textured Embossing Folder.
Have you checked out the Strength & Hope sstamp set on page 27 of Stampin' Up!'s 2011 Summer Mini Catalog? It is a beautiful set and very versatile. I made the monochromatic card below using several mini catalog products.
Stamps: Strength & Hope
Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo
Accesories: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Flower Garden Textured Embossing Folder,Big Shot, Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon
Well, I hope you enjoyed these Summer Mini Projects and don't forget to leave a comment so you can be entered into my blog candy contest! Thanks for visiting my blog and stop by soon again!