Well, this birthday card is perfect for all those guys (and gals) that do! I used Stampin' Up!'s Need for Speed and Bring On the Cake stamp sets to make this card for my January card buffet class. It is another 2013 convention swap card I received. I have misplaced the original in my craft room, which badly needs reorganizing (on my to do list). If this was based on your card please let me know and I will give you credit.
I also made this card using the 1/4" Basic Gray stitched ribbon centered on the Basic Gray card stock which makes it look like the center line of the "road". I gave that one away already.
Need For Speed
1. Emboss 5 ¼” x 4” white CS with Big Shot and the Stripes folder. Sponge edges with black.
2. Emboss Basic Gray with Houndstooth folder and the Big Shot. Sponge with black. (see sample)
3. Adhere gray piece to white piece. Tie stitched gray ribbon around card and knot to right side.
4. Glue to card base.
5. Stamp greeting on small white piece with Black. Glue to black rectangle.
6. Adhere black piece to card with dimensionals.
7. Stamp car on scrap with black Stazon, color with Marina Mist Marker and fussy cut.
8. Adhere car to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Petite Pairs and the Open Sea
I absolutely love the Open Sea stamp set from Stampin' Up! and it is perfect for masculine cards. Below is a convention swap card that I received from Judi Fidh that I used for my January card buffet.
Open Sea Directions
1. Stamp ledger on left side of Cherry Cobbler CS and glue to card.
2. Stamp anchor on Sahara Sand strip with Sahara Sand ink, them emboss with Stripes folder and the Big Shot.
3. Punch 1/8” hole in anchor and tie with Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine. Glue to Cherry CS.
4. Stamp ship with Not Quite Navy and punch with 2 ½” circle. Sponge with Sahara Sand.
5. Glue Vanilla circle to 3” Not Quite Navy circle. Glue NQN piece to card.
6. Stamp saying on Vanilla with NQN ink and punch with Curly Label punch. Sponge edges with Sahara Sand and adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I don’t know about you, but I always have trouble coming up with a lot of masculine card ideas. Below is a swap card I received from Allison Okamitsu and I just loved it!
1. Emboss Early Expresso CS with Argyle folder and adhere to Vanilla card.
2. Stamp greeting from Best Dad Ever on River Rock strip with Early Expresso ink. Cut banner end on one end and set aside.
3. Stamp background in River Rock and Early Expresso on Vanilla rectangle.
4. Stamp watch case in Versamark on same piece and emboss with Gold EP.
5. On Vanilla scrap stamp clock face and hands. Sponge a little shimmer paint (stamp off) over clock face.
6. Punch out clock face with 1 ¼” circle and glue to watch case.
7. Glue Vanilla piece to card.
8. Attach banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Well Stampin' Up! has listened and created a kit for the guys. Here are the details:
Dude, You're Welcome!
Whether it’s an apology, a love note or just a hello. DUDE…Just make it!
Order # 132807 $24.95
* Four wood-mount stamps (double-mounted) with the perfect sentiment for every occasion
* Twelve 4" x 6" postcards in four different (manly) colors * Twelve gray envelopes
* A Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad* Silver Sticker
* An instructional guide (for the most novice stamper!)
To Order: Click on my shop now button to go directly to my online store or cut and paste the link: www.jeanninetarrio.stampinup.net
click on the link below to watch the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ED18tTC7XG8 (Dude style video)
For any occasion…Stampin’ Up’s got your back! DUDE, You’re Welcome!!
Here is my Masculine Card swap for Stampin' Up!'s convention today.
Stamps: Best Dad Ever
Card stock: Midnight Muse 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", Crumb Cake 3" x 2 5/8" and 3" x 1 1/2"; Very Vanilla 2 3/4" x 2 3/8" and 2 3/4" x 1 1/4"; Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper 4" x 4"
Ink: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Midnight Muse
Accessories: Linen Thread, Regals or Silver Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals
Below is my Full Card WOW swap:
Stamps: Papaya Collage, Perfectly Penned,
Card stock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black,
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: ½” Scalloped Dotted Grosgrain
Ribbon, Itty Bitty Punch Pack,
¾” Circle Punch, Basic Rinestones,
Fancy Fold: Twisted Easel
Base: 4 ¼” x 11”, Score 5 ½” and score diagonal
from top right to left side of middle score line
Second layer: 4 ¼” x 5 ½” Daffodil Delight
Third layer: 4” x 5 ¼” Basic Black
Forth Layer: 3 ¾” x 5” Whisper White
This is a card I made for my grandson, Michael, for his birthday last month. I made it using his favorite color green and since he likes trucks, I used the Loads of Love stamp set. Because his birthday is in February, I loaded the truck with hearts!
The pull out tag was cut with Stampin' Up!'s Two Tag die and the Big Shot:
Below the inside of the tag which held his gift — what every teaenager wants — money!