Archive for the ‘Thanksgiving Day’ Category:
Okay I have to admit that I skipped over Stampin' Up!'s Paisleys & Posies stamp set. I did not intend to buy it, no way. It remined me of the THAT pant suit I made out of blue paisley fabric. At the time I made it, I thought it was beautiful (I can't imagine what I was thinking). Now when I remember , it was heideous! Well fast forward to last week — my team member Carol M-C got together and stamped and she brought her new demo sets. Well there was the Paislely & Posies stamp set. Well I am not one to back down from a challenge, in fact, I do my best work when I have a limited # of supplies and concentrate on making everyone love it. Well I think I accomplished my goal, now I love it and it will be on my next order!
So you must be waiting to see how I could make anyone love this stamp? Wait no more here it is:
Straight on view:
I also made two other cards with this set which I will post later and I love them all. I think the secret was adding the Copper Foil paper. I struggled with the colors and their design until I added the Copper Foil to the mix. Beautiful and all the colors work. Thanks for stopping by my blog and if you have any questions or comments, please add them in the comment section below.
Wishing you a Thanksgiving stuffed with Happiness Stampin' Up! style:
1. Adhere DSP to card, then stamp leaves in Daffodil Delight down each side.
2. Stamp saying on Kraft Specialty Paper about 1” from top, then cut banner end.
3. Stamp pumpkin in Pumpkin Pie ink and leaf in Wild Wasabi ink on white scrap and die cut with framelits.
4. Adhere pumpkin to banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals and glue leaf to pumpkin.
5. Add a piece of linen thread behind pumpkin with a mini glue dot.
6. Adhere banner to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The next card reminds me how thankful I am for all my customers who have supported me over the last 9 years – thank you, i would not be where I am today without all of you. This fall Thank You card was cased with minor changes from a Maine Stampers Day swap made by demonstrator Beth Mills. Love the Autumn Wooden Elements.
Hope you have a day filled with fun, family, and friends.
Fall Bags, Tags, & Boxes Stampin Up! Style
I am sure many of you will guess how I made this cute Halloween pouch.
If you haven't guessed it is a TP roll! To my horror I recently read that companies are thinking of eliminating the cardboard center to their rolls? How is is that going to work? Any way, I love all the uses everyone has found for them. Using it to make a pouch is one of my favorites.
1. Staple the bottom of the cardboard tube.
2. Crumple a 6" x 6" piece of Designer Series Paper then flatten it out.
3. Use Anywhere glue stick to glue the DSP to the tube starting at the stapled end. Tuck extra DSP to the inside of the tube.
4. Use a 1/4" hole punch to punch a hole on each side and insert ribbon or cord and knot.
Next, is a bag made made with Stampin' Up!'s Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper, which I love! Again this uses a 6" x 6" piece of DSP the Simply Scored Board. I found the directions for the bag on Sam Donald's blog. I used the Autumn Accents Bigz die for the leaves and used Linen Thread to "tie" the Autumn Wooden Elements to the leaves which I attached with a Mini Glue Dot.I used a clothespin from the 2014-2016 In Color Clothespins to close the bag.
Last is the versitile fry box. I used these for goodie bags at my last fundraiser.
Here are the Directions:
Stamp: Merry Everything Bundle Wood #137635, Clear #137636, includes stamp set and punch
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Hello Honey, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Big Shot, Bigz Autumn Accents die #127812; Bigz L Fry Box die #132966; Woodgrain Folder #129821; 1 ¼” Burlap ribbon #132140; Adhesive
Directions: Die cut Fry Box, fold on score lines and adhere sides together.
To make embellishment:
- Die cut leaves in various colors and emboss with Woodgrain folder.
- Adhere 2-3 leaves together.
- Add burlap fibers to leaves by cutting off a 4 ½” strip of ribbon and then cut off stitching down one long side and pull fibers apart. Add to leaves with snail.
- Stamp saying on Whisper White card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink and punch with Note Tag punch.
- Adhere to leaves with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere leaves to fry box with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Jeannine Tarrio, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
That's all for today. If you like it pin it!
I used Stampin' Up!'s Truly Grateful stamp set from the 2013 Holiday Guide to creat this card and matching envelope. I also used the Envelope Liners Framelits with the Big Shot to line the envelope.