One of my favorite Sale-A-Bration stamps is Stampin’ Up!’s Heartfelt Blooms. It is inked with only one ink and it and has a lot of dimension. Don’t you agree?
It is a new type of stamp that lays down ink at different opacities to give the finished image more depth. If your image doesn’t have any depth your ink pad is too dry. If it is too wet then you lose all the detail. When it is inked just enough you get the perfect image.
Have fun using your Hearfelt Blooms stamp. You can’t buy it, however, you can get it free during Sale-A-Bration.
It is never easy to send out Sympathy cards. However, this card is quick and easy to create so that is one thing less you have to think about. The hard part is what to say inside.
Touches of Texture- from August Card Buffet:
1. On inside of card front a ½” line on all four sides to form a decorative border.
2. Stamp flower image and greeting in Basic Black.
3. Color flowers and leaves with markers.
Hope this card makes it easier to have a stack of Sympathy cards on hand for when you need them.
Two more cards from my Stampin' Up! Painted Blooms class.
I used the Spring Flowers Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on the Blackberry Bliss strip near the top and Sassy Salutations for the sentiment. I also cut this piece of designer paper to 3 3/4" x 5".
and Card 4:
I used the sentiment from Petite Pairs for the saying and a strip of paper from Stampin' Up!'s Adventure Bound Designer Series paper Stack (pg 46 #138878 Occasions Catalog). I love how the paper reminderd me of flowers in a brick container or behind a brickwall and a positive message of time passes and heals.
Hope you are enjoying see what I did with sheet of paper and remember you get 2 sheets of this print in your paper pack.
Have you ordered Stampin' Up!'s Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper from the 2015 Occasions catalog yet? Well you might need to after you see the cards we made at my Painted Blooms class last Saturday. We made 8 different cards from one sheet of paper! I will be focusing my posts this week on those cards. Here are the first two cards we made:
I used Crazy About You Bundle (#138873, $42.25 photopolymer) for the sentiment and Butterfly Basics Bundle (#138865, $41.50 photopolymer) for the Butterfly.
and Card 2:
I used Sassy Salutations from Stampin' Up!'s Annual catalog for the sentiment, along with the in-Color Sequins.
I took the sheet that is pictured in the Occasions Catalog on Page 18 ( #137784, $10.95) and cut it as follows:
1. First cut 1 1/2" off the bottom of the 12" x 12" paper (this is where all the stems are). Now cut this bottom strip at 5 1/2" and at 11". You will have 2 pieces 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" and a scrap. You will use these two pieces on two of the cards I will post this week.
2. Next take your 12" x 10 1/2" piece and cut on the 12" end at 4", 8" and 12" you will have 3 strips 4" x 10 1/2".
3. Cut these 3 strips in half at 5 1/4". You will now have 6 pieces measuring 4" x 5 1/4".
4. On the 3 cards that I used a mat behind the Designed Paper, I trimmed 3 Designer Paper pieces down to 3 3/4" x 5". Do not cut it yet, wait until you see all 8 cards and I will note which pieces need to be trimmed down.
Both of the above cards used Designer paper trimmed down to 3 3/4" x 5".
More tomorrow ….
I have a quick post for your today using Stampin' Up!'s free Sale-a-bration paper called Irresistibly Yours and Butterfly Basics stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s 2015 Occasions catalog.
The Wisteria Wonder Background was created with the Bordering Blooms stamp set and the saying is from Stampin' Up!'s new Occasions catalog stamp set called Butterfly Basics. Now the fun part of this card is using Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-bration brochure and you get it free with a qualifying purchase of $50 net product!! This is a white paper with a glossy white pattern which is perfect for coloring. I used a sponge and Soft Sky Classic ink, however, you can spritz it or use a roller to roll on the color.
Now you want to know how you can get the paper free? It's easy, just place a $50 net product order from my online store or directly with me and and you can choose this 12 x 12 paper pack or any of the other wonderful products in the Sale-a-bration catalog.
I am going to be getting my stamping projects ready and plan to be stamping for the next couple of day while the blizzard is in progress. Always a good side to everything – stamping with no interrruptions.
In case you didn't know, I love Stampin' Up! paper, ink, and stamps. I also love their accessories and have used the Big Shot, framelits, embossing folders and punches on these cards. I am catching up on cards I have not posted yet.
First is a sympathy card using Stampin' Up!'s Love & Sympathy stamp set Filigree Frame Textured TIEF (retired):
Next is a card from my techniques class using 1/4" strips of Designer Series Paper to create the quillt background.
To recreate this background you will need 3 different designs, a light, a medium and a dark.
1. I started with the floral strip(my medium color) and glued it diagonally from top to bottom (see center strip on card).
2. Then using the same floral strip I glued a strip from the center strip to the left side ( it is the strip lowest on the left side)
3. Using same floral strip I glued it starting again at the center strip and going to the right side ( it is the floral strip on the upper right side). Now your background piece of White cardstock is divided into quarters.
4. Now take a different design strip(I used the dark strip in blue) and layer against each side of all floral strips to create V pattern.
5. Last usisng the lightest strip (my very vanilla & yellow strip) layer next to all dark strips.
6. Now just repeat using the same order for your strips until all white is covered with the strips.
Last is a card I created based on a swap I had received and loved the way it was cut and punched.
I cut 1 1/4" strip off the top front of this card. Then punched a half circle using the 1 3/4" circle punch, save the half punched circle. I then glued a piece of Very Vanilla card stock inside and then with front closed glued the punched half circle piece above the punched circle. Now finish your card using your favorite stamp set.
Remember the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration starts January 6, 2015! I am working on new projects and will have more sneak peeks later this week.